Monday, September 14, 2009

Perseverance is the Key... I think

I have fake confidence. I've been walking around masquerading my insecurities and fears pretending to be confident in the hope confidence will grow and hopefully overshadow my doubts. I wish I believed more in myself. I wish I could sit here and say "I can do it!" Really, I sit here and say "I think I can. I think I can. I think I can."
I've always known that picking a diet and following it for six weeks wouldn't work... at least not for me. Mostly because six weeks would only get me a fraction of the way to where I need to be. But, I think if I can make it six weeks... then I make it another six weeks... and then another six weeks after that. Well, what happens if I screw up within those six weeks... what do I do? Normally I would give up. I would decide it's not worth... in reality what I'm deciding is I'm not worth it.
"Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goal." - Henry Ford
I'm slowly learning two things... 1. I AM worth it and 2. Perseverance is one of the most important aspects. Making a mistake isn't that big a deal... facing those obstacles and getting over them that is what is important. I need to keep my eye on the goal. When I face an obstacle, I need to remind myself that I can do this... perseverance is the key... keep on keeping on. And whatever other tacky phrases I can come up with.
"When the world says, 'Give up,'
Hope whispers, 'Try it one more time.'"
~Author Unknown
So, in my attempt to persevere, I am setting little goals for myself to help me achieve the big goal. At WW they call this... well, I don't remember... building blocks maybe? I would look it up but all my stuff is at home and I am not.
I didn't even really realize it, but I was doing this. By tracking and journaling everything I eat, and then by meal planning. I've been setting and accomplishing little goals. My next little goal is to eat slower.
I eat fast. It's something I'm starting to realize more and more as I start to eat around other people more. I finish way ahead of everyone else, and usually make myself sick from eating too much. So, I'm going to slow down. Enjoy the food. Sip water. Enjoy the conversation around me. This is something I can do. Something that will help me reach the ultimate goal of weight loss.

All this being said, here is tomorrow's meal plan.
Breakfast-
Muffin-2
Yogurt Smoothie-2
NF Latte-2

Total-6
Pts Left-31

Snack-
Yogurt-1
Almonds-3

Total-4
Pts Left-28

Lunch-
Tortilla-3
Laughing cow light wedge-1
Ham-2
Celery-0
Cucumber-0
Bell Pepper-0
Fiber 1 yogurt-0

Total-6
Pts Left-22

Snack
Apple-2
Babybel light-1

Total-3
Pts Left-19

Dinner-
Chipotle Steak Burrito Bowl-14

Total-14
Pts Left-5

Snack-
Apple-2
Ginger Snaps-3

Total-5
Pts Left-0



2 comments:

  1. Have I mentioned lately how proud I am of you?
    Well in case I haven't I'm very very proud of you for all the small and large steps that you're making to bring change to your life. I've always known that you're worth it and I'm glad you're realizing it too. I know it's hard to begin to see worth in yourself when previously you truly believed there was none, we're on a similar journey that way.
    But I'm so very proud of you and I love you so very much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could afford to fly out and hug you!! I commend you on the great strides your taking in recognizing self worth and your story is inspiring if I can get past my own obstacles.

    I think as kids we are programed to eat fast, at least I know I was. In school you had X amount of time to eat and if you weren't done, you had to throw it out because you had to be at the next thing at that moment. I have been trained year after year to eat fast and I'm still working on slowing down. It takes real consiousness and effort.

    I like the way you're going about this, it's smart and it's healthy!

    Yeah for Katy!!!

    ReplyDelete