Saturday, September 5, 2009

When it Doesn't Turn Out

So, I decided I was going to make these wonderfully delicious looking bars for breakfast next week. I made a double batch so I could share with the 'rents. However, I didn't have toasted wheat germ. I had wheat bran. And flax seed meal. I got them put together and in the oven. I figured out the points value (three by the way). I let them sit for 3 hours. I started to cut them, and they fell apart.
So, long story short, I now have realy delicious granola to eat with yogurt for breakfast this week. Jealous? You should be.
Anyway, I'm not quite sure what happened. I think most likely I didn't press them into the pan enough. It could have also been the substitutions or maybe not enough honey? I ran out of honey and used brown sugar for the rest. Oh well. :)
Also, just so all of you wonderful people know... Ingrid Michaelson's new album Everybody is amazingly wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment