Sunday, June 28, 2009

To Mow or Not to Mow

I got to mow the lawn today. It was the first time ever. I know... I'm 30 and I've never mowed the lawn before.

The house in Petaluma didn't have a lawn. Not really anyway. My dad had taken out the front lawn and built a brick wall, filled it in with dirt, and voila... a garden. He took the lawn out of the back out... put in a raised flower bed... and voila... a garden. :) The rest of the yard was a very steep hill.... so basically, no lawn.

When we first moved to Boring, we had a push an electric push mower... and quite frankly, that was a bit too much like work for me to ever try. However, shortly after we moved, the mower broke and my dad bought his version of a tractor... a John Deer riding mower. So, for the last 3ish years, I've been watching him and my mom mow the lawn on the riding mower.. and it looked both fun and intimidating at the same time. So today... as my mom got ready to mow, I asked if I could do it... and she said yes! So, after a quick lesson from my dad, I got on and spent the next hour in a half circling the yard and... dare I say it.. having fun.

Now, for the real reason I wanted to mow... laundry. I HATE laundry. I don't know why. I mean... it's not even something that takes that much work... but for some reason, I just hate doing it. I leave for San Francisco in about five days, and I barely have enough clothes to get through the week, let alone to get me through the weekend. But I can't bring myself to do laundry. I'm now "resting" on the couch watching Confessions of a Shopaholic. I wonder just how long I can procrastinate...

1 comment:

  1. I laughed through the whole thing! I've always loved mowing the lawn for some strange reason. And getting to use grandpas riding mower? I was ridin' that thang like a pimp!

    So far so good on the procrastinating! Keep it up, Katy! You can DO it!

    ReplyDelete