Wednesday, April 14, 2010

My What ifs

A couple of weeks ago Don Miller posted a blog about how the most powerful question an author can ask about their character is "what if"? It's not a question to make you dwell on the past, but to dwell on the future, and what would happen if you tried something that you've been wanting to.
Yesterday he posted a challenge for small groups to create a "what if" challenge. Since I don't belong to a small group, I decided maybe I would start a challenge to myself here. I'm hoping to check in once a week with them... but it might not happen (just being honest)... anyway, here goes nothing.

Since February I have been in an irreversible funk. I've been depressed and dealing with anxiety and in the process of this all, I've put on 15 lbs. It took me a year to lose 20 lbs and less than 4 months to gain most of it back. So, my what if challenge is going to hopefully lead me back onto plan...

What if...
...I tracked and stayed on plan for the next 6 weeks?
...I walked 3-4 times a week for the next 6 weeks?
...instead of eating when I'm bored, depressed, emotional, stressed or tired, I picked up a pen and journal and wrote?
...I sat down to finish my essay on bravery?
...I started the Hello Portland blog I've had in the back of my mind for a couple of years now?

Do you have any what ifs? If you do, maybe you could think about joining me? You know... all 4 of you that read my blog. :)


1 comment:

  1. I think the journal instead of eat thing is fantastic.
    Mine are:
    What if I went to the gym 3 times a week no matter what?
    What it I wrote in a journal instead of eating my emotions?
    What if I read the bible like I should, every day or every other day for a month?
    W

    Love you miss Katy!

    ReplyDelete