Hiya... so this is the recipe from one of the lost posts. If you would like something you can print let me know and I can email you the word file. XOXO
Gramma Louella's Surprise Cobbler—Revised
1 ½ Cup Bisquick
1 Cup Sugar
½ Cup Melted Butter or Margerine (one stick)
1-2 ½ Large cans fruit (Gramma says the more the better, my favorite is apricots)
¾ Cup Milk
3-4 Tbsp Corn Starch
1. Preheat oven to 425°.
2. Drain the fruit, reserving about ½ cup of liquid. Heat in medium saucepan on the stove. You can add sugar If you would like the fuite sweeter. Bring fruit to a light boil.
3. While the fruit is cooking, mix together the bisquick, sugar, melted butter and milk. The batter will feel somewhat thick.
4. Depending on how thick you want the fruit to be, add 3-4 tablespoons to the reserved liquid and pour into the fruit. Stirring until thickened. If you want the fruit thicker, you can add more corn starch.
5. Spray a long baking pan and add the hot fruit.
6. Pour or spoon the bisquick mixture over the fruit. Don't worry if it doesn't cover the entore top completely. It will rise and spread out durring the baking process.
7. Sprinkle the top with an extra ¼ cup of sugar if desired.
8. Bak for 20-30 minutes until a skewer in the middle comes out clean.
Revised Recipe-Fruit Only
3 Cups Sliced Rhubarb
3 Cups Sliced Strawberries
1 Large Can Apricots (you can supstitute fresh Apricots, I would guess about 2 cups)
½ Cup Sugar
1 Tblsp Butter
3-4 Tblsp Corn Starch
1. Melt butter in medium saucepan.
2. Add sliced rhubarb and cook for about 5 minutes until softened.
3. Add strawberries and sugar.
4. Drain apricots reserving about ¼- ½ cup liquid. Add to pan.
5. Mix together the reserved liquid corn starch. Once the fruit comes to a boil add the mixture and stir until thickened.
6. Follow the original recipe for topping and baking.
(¯`•.•´¯) ♥ Katy♥
♥ º° ♥ `•.¸.•´ ♥ º° ♥